Face rollers are used to massage the face and boost the appearance. Introducing them in your skin care routine will eventually improve the blood circulation and give a glowing, radiant skin.
- The roller has two sides, the bigger side is used to massage the face, neck and forehead to cover bigger areas and the smaller side is used to massage the area between the eyes, on and around the nose and the lips.
- On a cleansed face apply a face serum and moisturizer and glide the roller smoothly on the face. Start with the big side from the cheeks and jaw towards the ears, applying medium pressure. For the forehead begin at the centre of the forehead towards the ears. For the neck give upward strokes from the base of the neck to the jaws. Repeat the strokes multiple times in every area till you feel relaxed.
- With the small end of the roller massage gently giving multiple strokes in between the eyes in upward direction and under the eye from the inner eye to the corner.
- Recommended to use once or twice a day after applying the serum and moisturizer.
- For extra cooling effect in summers, one can refrigerate the roller for 10 minutes before usage.
Gua means stroke/press and Sha refers to redness. Its concept hails from traditional Chinese healing practice. It was interpreted then that the redness that occurs due to scraping encourages the skin to heal itself. Gua sha in modern days are less intense than before. Introducing them in your skin care routine will eventually improve the blood circulation and give a glowing radiant skin.
Directions for use:
- Cleanse the face. Apply serum or moisturizer in order to avoid skin irritation by scraping.
- Hold the tool such that the curved part will touch the skin. To work on the neck start from the base of the neck towards the jaw in the sides as well as the front. This is done using the wide concave side of the GuaSha.
- With the cleft part, massage on the jawline from the chin towards the bottom of the ears.
- Use the flat part to massage the cheeks directing from the nose to the ears.
- With the small rounded end massage under your eyes and between the two eyebrows upwards towards the temples.
- For the forehead, the largest curve is used stroking towards the hairline.
- Repeat the strokes many times till you feel relaxed.
- GuaSha can also be used on the other body parts like back ,buttocks ,arms, legs to relieve muscular pain, drain lymph and increase circulation.
- Start using once a week and once used to it, make it 2-3 times a week, going to once a day. Morning massage can help to reduce the puffiness caused after you wake up and in the night it helps release stress and relax before sleeping.
- Refrigeration can be done 10 minutes prior to use for a soothing cold massage.
Benefits of Face Roller and Guasha:
- Reduces puffiness and inflammation.
- Eliminates Under eye circles
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Eases the stress on the face due to its cooling effect
- Enhances the absorption of facial products
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps in tightening of skin, thus preventing sagging
- Can be used by both men and women
- Guasha can be used for a massage on the entire body.
The roller and guasha are made up of different stones which exhibit different properties.
- Rose Quartz: Known as a healing crystal and stone of unconditional love. Boosts feeling of peace and calm and regular use opens heart chakra.
- Green Jade: Boosts confidence, balance the heart chakra and opens third eye chakra. Attracts good luck, good friends and good energy.
- Black Obsidian: Protects aura from negativity, mental stress. Associated with root chakra. Makes you more clear, balanced and secure.
- Amethyst: Attracts positive energy and helps get rid of negative emotions. Relieves stress and promotes intuition and relaxation. Associated with third eye and crown chakra.
- Kansa: Combination of tin and copper. Removes built up toxins by promoting lymphatic drainage. It balances the pH of the skin which in turn helps to keep the skin hydrated and healthy.